Not in any particular order =)
- When a book becomes a best-seller and the next thing you know, the book gets a sucky sequel. Please don’t write a sequel for the sake of writing a sequel…
- When I am reading, and someone comes up to me and asks me a million questions about the book. “What are you reading?” “What’s it about?” Well, I’d tell you if you would let me read it!
- Typos in books. And I’ve noticed that it’s becoming more and more common as well. I even found some typos in my school textbook…facepalm.
- When I read a book and my mind wanders off. By the time I know it, I have no idea what I just read so I have to go back and reread.
- Since when are blurbs and reviews supposed to contain spoilers? Well maybe you can have spoilers in reviews but there should be some sort of warning at the beginning…
- I refuse to read books with teeny, tiny fonts!
- When a character talks non-stop about how he/she feels about his/her crush…like I think I get the point…now let’s move on.
- People who can’t understand that some people actually read for fun…major facepalm.
- Books that have a lot of characters, because I keep on having to go back to check who they are again.
- Books without chapters, because I usually read chapter by chapter.
I am pretty sure I am missing some, but I think that’s all I can think of for now…what are some of your literary pet peeves? ^_^